Monday, January 19, 2009

Temptation Peninsula

An actual update.

1 - I got a job today! I will be barista-ing again. This time for a midwest coffee chain called Caribou Coffee. You can buy their products at your local grocer.

2 - I GOT CAST IN A PLAY! And they are paying me a very very minute amount to be in it! I am officially a real live stage actress. (I say stage, because I became a real live actress in general when I got my first IMDB credit this fall.)

3 - I auditioned for a class at the Guthrie & got in! I had the first one today. It is taught by Raye Birk, who thus far I like very much. I can't wait to put up a scene next week...I'm debating which one right now. I was also reminded about my one, little tiny problem I have with the career I have chosen. I HATE listening to actors talk. I feel this, I emote that, I went with this vibe. SHUT IT. Just do your job.

4 - Leslie called with what sounded like an amazing apartment to move into when I get back to LA. A LOFT. Affordable. 24 hour gym. Downtown. Across the street from a theatre. 

5 - I'm reading a mystery novel called 'The Last Templar' and I swear every religious fiction book I read makes me think about throwing it all away to be Indiana Jones. But the girl version. Indianna Jones. 

6 - I ran to my job interview today. Like literally. I wore running clothes and ran the 2.1 miles there and changed in the bathroom (I've learned I do not sweat in the cold). As I was doing this, I realized, or I suppose I should say my lungs realized we were not at sea level anymore. That half marathon is going to be a serious accomplishment. 

7 - Overall I can honestly say things are going way better than I could have anticipated. (feel free to knock on wood for me, i already did)If Leslie hadn't called taunting me tonight with our beautiful LA Loft, I would seriously consider possibly maybe on the one hand or another staying here a little longer. We'll see. But now that I have a rent paying job, am in a play & in a class, I'm honestly not really sure what my next step is. Is this was being content feels like? I never want to be 'content' what a pallid word. Boring. I will have to think of my next step asap...possibly trying to get my Medea script produced...finding something to direct...get an agent... I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Oh yeah. I joined match. com on a 3 day free trial to make some, errr, friends. Let's just say it's been less that 12 hours and it. is. amazing. Many. Many. Many. Updates to come. 



  
Yum.

No comments: